Great news! We are expanding our consulting practice and are currently searching for a Sales Tax Manager with a general affinity for all things related to sales and use tax. The Sales Tax Manager position is heavily focused on client data analysis, and the ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with researching multistate sales and use tax topics then preparing written analyses and memos based on their research. Nexus studies, apportionment reviews, audits/reverse audits, as well as voluntary disclosure and amnesty program projects, are a major responsibility of the Sales Tax Manager. The Sales Tax Manager will be required to prepare work plans, execute projects successfully by critical deadlines, and oversee and manage projects from start to finish. The Sales Tax Manager will also be required to stay up to date with industry standards and developments to actively assess how they may impact our existing clients.
*Remote work is negotiable, but the candidate must reside in either the Greater Sacramento or Greater Chicago area.
The following qualifications apply (but if you come close and just LOVE all things related to sales and use taxes, please reach out to us anyway to see if there are any other opportunities you may qualify for).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and succeed
- Strong attention to detail and advanced analytical skills
- Above average time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- 5+ years of related experience in a Sales and Use Tax (SALT) practice (Government-Department of Revenue, corporate, or consulting)
- Sales Tax CMI or CPA or Big 4 accounting experience would be a plus, but not required
Benefits include a competitive salary, health insurance, vision insurance, matching 401(K), ongoing professional development opportunities, and a generous paid time off package.